8.13.2009

I am so grateful to be starting school soon.
Never would I have imagined that spending an extra year in college would be so perfect. NYC is not hiring teachers for this year, so had I graduated in May, as originally planned, I would be jobless. I mean yea I could have applied to other cities but all the people who would have applied to NYC BoE would be doing the same. Now I get one more year of schooling while I wait out the storm. It gives me a good year to start all my applications to teaching fellowships: Newark, NY, Philly, and Baltimore.
Teachers are always an in demand job, but see I chose the wrong side of teaching. Any school district you go to there are always superintendents begging for science, math, and special ed teachers. I hate math and was never good at science and I don't have the patience for special ed. I want to be a history teacher. A high school history teacher. Do I have a death wish? Maybe. But how can I resist?! I love history. So hopefully this year thousands of high school history teachers retire in the tri-state area. If you know a history teacher I suggest you encourage them to retire. If you know a recently married history teacher (woman) encourage them going on maternity leave. I need a job soon.

No comments: