7.23.2009

I have never been to Boston.
Next Monday marks my first trip to this old U.S. city. I am way beyond excited. As a history major I guess it needs no explanation. I'm going to do the 2.5 mile freedom trail and get in all my touristy sites. In between there'll be some college visits for my sister, Tufts, BU, BC, and Northeastern. Hopefully I can skip out on them. None of them have any of the graduate school programs I'm looking for, so it's of no use to me.
As for the other part of me, my stomach is BEYOND excited for the food that awaits in Boston. I love to eat in restaurants so the opportunity to eat at least 3 meals a day out is super exciting. I'm compiling a list of restaurants that are must visits. Upstairs on the Square, Pomplona (sp?), and various bakeries. I definitely need to make a visit to North End to get some Italin and to Chinatown for some Chinese/Asian food. I have been massively craving pho so hopefully there will be some good Vietnamese places.

No comments: