7.01.2009

I think I am about to do something highly illegal.
Yes, I am going to talk about Bryn Mawr. The camp, not the all women's psycho college. I think somewhere in my contract it stipulated that I was not to talk about Camp Bryn Mawr outside of Bryn Mawr and it should only be said under my breath and during a full moon or some nonsense like that. Anyway, if any Bryn Mawr camp directors should happen upon this blog, everything you are about to read is a lie. For everyone else, this is pure fact.
Did you ever wonder where the inspiration for Stepford Wives came from? Camp Bryn Mawr. I felt like I was in Pleasantville. I have never seen so many cheerful, smiley people in one place. Now, I am not a miserable person, I enjoy smiling every now and then, but this was crazy. It felt like something out of a horror movie. One week was enough, way more than enough. So if anyone ever has any desire to work at this seemingly idyllic camp in Pennsylvania, TURN AWAY!! Save yourselves! Unless of course you are into being psychotic together while singing songs, holding hands, and running in fields of daisies.

No comments: