5.12.2009

Free things.
I love free things. Free things are especially useful to the unemployed (such as myself). Give praise to the gods of free things because they have been smiling upon us. Rita's Ice had a free day on the first day of spring. Score 1. Ben and Jerry's had one in April. I was able to get in line TWICE to enjoy the deliciousness that is chocolate cookie dough (although i paid for that later...). Score 2 Baskin Robbins had an almost free scoop day (only 31 cents which was considered a donation to an organization). Not quite free, but it only cost me under $1 to get THREE scoops of ice cream. Score 3. In the past few years there has been a worldwide cupcake binge. Someone somewhere decided to make these little cakes of diabetes popular. Who am I do complain? Luckily Crumbs, a NYC based cupcake bakery, opened up in Hoboken. And what did they do on their opening day... FREE CUPCAKES. Huge small baby head sized cupcakes! Full menu to choose from too, I chose a coconut one that left me in a sugar coma for days. Score 4. Kentucky Fried Chicken recently had several free grilled chicken giveaways. But I don't eat their for several reasons so I did not partake in the feasting on the chicken. But I heard many did.
So who will be next in the free things bonanza? I know I'll be first in line when I find out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so with you on the free things, especially food and especially ice cream. As of today I am a member of 4 birthday ice cream clubs: Baskin Robbins (I had their Pistachio Almond today), Dairy Queen, Coldstone Creamery, and Ben & Jerry's. I actually found your blog because I was doing a search on "torico's birthday ice cream." I highly recommend joining--and then you can also make sure to catch all of the above's promotions. Happy Licking!