5.13.2009

Less than one day into summer vacation and I am bored out of my mind.
How could this happen?! Oh, yea I forgot, I am unemployed and penniless. I remember a time when I used to throw pennies away. Yes! Away, in the trash (well, not all pennies, but the nasty, grimy ones covered in gunk). Now I am like that old man that bends down in the middle of a busy road to pick up a penny. Nothing to make you appreciate money like unemployment. I think back on the days when I spent frivolously and sat on a fat wallet. I feel like an undernourished child looking at a fat man eat ice cream. Except that fat man used to be me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find myself in a very similar situation. I feel like I have become the old lady who counts her change up till the last penny so she could pay for something in the 99 cent store. college makes you broke :-\