3.13.2009

I used to be quite the concert goer.
My first concert was Backstreet Boys in 8th grade. I waited in line for 3 hours at a Radio Shack to get tickets. By the time I got to the register the only tickets left for me and my friend were on opposite ends of the arena. We bought them anyway. I got to watch five little specks dance their way across a stage that looked like it was five miles away.
My musical tastes have matured (only slightly) since then. My first adult concert was in high school. Summer of 2003? I went to see Jet at Irving Plaza. Oh what an awakening that was. Standing room only, beer flowing freely, and the strong smell of mary j. in the air. Despite the pain in my feet the next day, the smell of smoke in my hair, it was quite an experience. My favorite concert has to be seeing Kings of Leon Feb. 2005 Roseland Ballroom, standing room, crushed up against the barrier. The music, the atmosphere, the people, were all perfect. Some how those things have yet to combine themselves again. The concert experience culminated in meeting KOL the next day when I went to Fuse with T. and E. Skinny, unwashed men have never looked so good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you forgot about the condom balloons?