3.16.2009

Ice Cream
Yes, I am lactose intolerant. It is a burden I must bear. Despite the havoc that ice cream makes on my stomach, I cannot go long without a taste of some sort of frozen dairy substance. Ice cream is my drug and Torico's is my drug dealer. Who knew that so many flavors could be packed into one delicious space? Baskin Robbins has nothing on these (homemade!) flavors. Do you like avocados? Why then try an avocado ice cream. There are so many chocolate flavors, tropical fruit flavors, even frozen yogurt flavors (about 20). Thank god it's not right next to the store, or else I would no longer fit through doorways.
Despite my love for ice cream and Torico's, my frozen dairy repertoire is pretty small. I intend to become one with gelato this summer. Grom and Il Laboratorio del Gelato seem to be the best places to get gelato. Both in NYC, the hike there will give me excuse to indulge in scoops upon scoops of gelato. Pistachio please.
And now I'd like to thank Lactaid for making all of this possible.

No comments: