3.19.2009

Spring Break
As I am currently in the midst of the most unproductive spring break ever, I think it is appropriate for me to waste time some more and post.
I love baseball. I can't help it, whether I wanted to or not, I was made to love baseball.
1. I am Dominican. As such, it is impossible for me to attend any family gathering that does not discuss some sort of baseball (either MLB or Dominican league... TIGERES!!) My grandfather played baseball and my dad played baseball (although now he plays softball). I spent Sunday mornings through most of my younger days at his adult baseball league games. I was photographed quite frequently as a toddler in an array of Mets onesises.
2. Baseball seems to have a habit of showcasing Americas most sexiest men. Case in point? David Wright. The finest 3rd basemen to ever walk this earth. ARod is not my cup of tea. Wright manages to include in one sexy package, good ball playing skills, love for charity work, the most amazing smile, and a fine fine ass. Sadly, my broke ass has never been able to purchase close enough tickets to 3rd base to have a good view of him.
3. Baseball is easy enough to get a handle of. Despite all that fantasy baseball nonsense, it is really easy to understand how baseball works. Man throw ball, man hit ball.
As a NY metro area resident, my main allegiance is to the Metropolitans (NL). However, as a Dominican, I cannot abandon my DR loving Bo'Sox (David Ortiz!). Both caps lay claim to my closet.


Here's to hoping the Mets finally pull through to reach post-season.

No comments: