3.07.2009

Work creates quite the dilemma for me.
Everyone loves money. It allows you to buy nice clothes, go out to nice restaurants, hang out with friends at the movies or NYC. However, an overactive job prevents many of these things from occurring. Example, my job at [redacted]. I love clothes, so much that I figured, heck, working around clothes can't be half bad. Wrong, wrong, wrong. If I could travel back in time I would slap myself upside the head. I have become an expert folder of jeans, t-shirts, and leggings. Why? Because seeing as the economy is sort of in the toilet now, there are very few people looking to purchase $400 dresses and $200 jeans. So the store remains empty on a pretty consistent basis. Despite this fact, my manager thinks it's a good idea to schedule me to work every non-school moment of my life. Weekends are booked from morning till night, and on days when I don't have class, I work all late afternoon-evening.
Now my dilemma, I want to quit, no, NEED to quit. School is the #1 man in my life right now. I am a slave to school (the papers, the exams, my THESIS). Work is the lover that just won't quit. How do I break it off easily? I've been given a strict deadline that looms in the near future, and I'm peeing in my pants just thinking about it. In my dreams, I would just mail a letter that says "I quit this bitch" and never show up again. However, social obligations (and legal ones, in the form of my employment contract) insist that I give a two week notice before receiving my final notice. Shoot.

No comments: